Monday, May 14, 2012

Quick Update

It's Monday. A new week and Alexis' last week of treatment. Last week she only made it through a total of 4 hours of school, divided by two different days. She missed 3 days of testing that she needs to make up this week. We were praying she would be feeling a little better by now.

Lex was feeling okay this morning and went to school. I had to take Scottie somewhere that was a half an hour away. I was so nervous about being so far away from Alexis. It was actually giving me pretty bad anxiety. I didn't know what I would do if the school called and I needed to get her. Since the thought was already in my mind I was thinking about my options and what I would do if the school did call. A little after 11:00am my phone did ring and it was the school. I had to go get Alexis. I called my sister and luckily she was in town and able to go grab her for me. I had a feeling this would happen but I was praying Lex would have made it a little longer in school today.

Once again it was the stomach pains and she had a very bad headache. This afternoon she had an appointment with Dr S. He said all of her lab work is still coming back okay. Other than the headaches and stomach pains everything is going okay. Before Lex started her treatment she was getting joint pain just about every day. That has gotten better. It's a huge sigh of relief knowing that this could actually be working. Dr S wants Alexis to go back to her neurologist for her headaches. He thinks she should try a laxative for the constipation since we have tried everything else. If that doesn't help, he wants her to see a gastroenterologist. Dr S did confirm that Alexis will be finished with this treatment on Friday - only 4 days away. She was so happy to hear that. We are all really happy she has made it through the full treatment. It hasn't been easy but she did it. I am so proud of my girl.

I'm going to keep tonight's post short & sweet. All in all, Alexis had an okay day. It was better than the days she had last week. I'm praying she can get to school tomorrow so she can make up some of her testing.

Let's pray this week goes fast for my Alexis!

No comments:

Post a Comment