Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A few steps forwards . . .

Although Alexis isn't feeling 100% yet, she is feeling much better. Yesterday morning she was feeling great and excited to go back to school for the first time since the PICC line was in. I wrapped her arm with gauze to protect it from getting dirty and getting infected.

About half way through the school day, the nurse called me. Alexis was feeling horrible. This time it was her head. She said her head hurt so much that the nurse had to turn off all the lights for her in the nurse's office. She laid there with her eyes shut until I got there. When I first saw Lex I thought she might have a sinus infection or something. Her eyes looked red and around them was all puffy and swollen. I asked Alexis if her face was sore or if it hurt when I touched it - she said "no". She kept saying her head was just killing her, worse than ever before.

When we got home Alexis laid right down on the couch. She asked me to make it as dark as I could in the living room. Luckily, it was a dark and gloomy day so it wasn't too hard to keep it dark for her. I asked her if she wanted me to turn the tv on for her but she said she couldn't watch it anyway because it would just hurt more.

I gave her some motrin and I had her drink lots of water. She spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch but with time she was feeling better. She was supposed to have a softball game but it got canceled because of the rain. It's weird how her games always get canceled on days that she is feeling really awful. Lucky for her though - she got to take it easy the rest of the night.

Dr S did say if Alexis' headaches didn't get any better that she would have to go see Dr T again - he is her neurologist. They will come up with a plan on getting those headaches better. I'm going to give it a little more time to get better since she just finished her medicine. If she keeps getting migraines like that though I will make an appointment with Dr T soon.

Today has been much better. Alexis has felt pretty good all day. Scottie and I got to go to Lex's school to have lunch with her. She didn't know Scottie was coming too so it was a nice surprise. We had a good time. I was glad I got to see Alexis half way through her day because I got to make sure she was feeling okay. She made it through the school day today and felt good all evening too. Unfortunately, it's still raining so tonight's softball game got canceled too. Alexis went with Scottie to watch him play in his softball game. I stayed home with our little girls so Scottie and Lex could have some Daddy - Daughter time. They had a blast.

When they got home tonight Alexis' eyes were really red and swollen again. Now I'm thinking it might even be allergies. Alexis hasn't ever had them but I've had them since I was about her age. Just adds to the list of things my girl has to deal with. I gave her some children's allegra allergy medicine and put some drops in her eyes to relieve the itchiness. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse than it was tonight.

Usually this rainy weather flares up Alexis' arthritis pains. The past two days it hasn't though. That could be a good sign. Now that I think about it - Alexis was having the joint pain just about every day before she started the IV antibiotics. It is no where near that often now. So although she has been dealing with a lot of other symptoms and problems - this could mean she is really recovering from the Lyme Disease. Please continue to pray for my girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment