Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stress.

I am so happy to write that Alexis had a good day today. She felt good this morning, made it through the school day and got to practice during softball tonight. Lex told me she had to sit out for a few minutes at practice but that it didn't last long at all. Tonight we went to my mom's house for dinner then to my little sister's basketball game. Lex felt good through it all though.

Alexis has had a book report to do. Since she had such a hard time with the last book report, my mom read the book with her this time. They stopped after each chapter to summarize what they just read. This week Alexis started working on the project. It was much easier for her this time. I was so glad. She didn't spend hours with that blank stare on her face - looking and feeling lost. She was able to get motivated and work right through it. The project is due tomorrow so Lex had a couple things to finish up tonight. It was basically just coloring in a few pictures she had already drawn. For some reason this ended up being so stressful for her. The pictures were already drawn, the whole project was basically done - this was the easy part. She gets herself so worked up over the silliest things. I always end up having to tell her to take a break, but then she throws a fit about that, saying if she takes a break she won't get it done.

I know Alexis is at the age where she is going to start getting hormonal and moody, but dealing with that on top of the "lyme rage" is too much for her to handle. When I first started talking to people who have had lyme disease this was one of the things they warned me to watch out for. Anything can cause the rage - usually the littlest thing sets it off. So for Alexis to get soo worked up tonight the way she did over coloring a picture the first thing that came to mind was the lyme rage.

I have talked to Alexis about this. I try to explain to her how such little things aren't worth getting so angry about. When it happens I try to just be there for her and comfort her. I know getting upset won't do her any good. I usually try to "kill her with kindness" to bring her to a better place. Luckily, I have figured out how to get her out of it pretty quickly.

Lex has a softball tournament this weekend - which means she is going to have 3 games on Saturday alone. I'm going to bring her to the chiropractor tomorrow after school. That always helps with her joint pain and I believe it's even helped with Lex's headaches too. That should help her get through this weekend. I know how much she hates having to sit out during a game so anything we can do to prevent it is worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment